Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dad's Birthday in History

Happy Birthday Dad!
Here are a few historic and trivia facts about the year 1962.

Prophet: David O. McKay

President of the United States: John F. Kennedy

Major historic events: Cuban Missile Crisis in October 1962

World Dictators: Fidel Castro, Nikita Khrushchev

Number one Songs in the U. S. : The Lion Sleeps Tonight-The Tokens/I Can't Stop Loving You-Ray Charles

Cars: 1962 Austin Martin/1962 Chevy Impala/1962 Ford Thunderbird/1962 Dodge Dart

5 comments:

wyo aunt said...

The Cuban missile crisis scared the (heck) out of me. I was sure the second coming was at hand.

Pi-day Dave said...

1962! It was a very good year!

aunt marbles said...

I remember those days. Some were sad and some were happy. I think life was simpler back then too. Sigh.....

Auntie L said...

I can't even remember anything about the Cuban Missile crises. I was 12 then.

Alf's boy said...

Sorry I don't remember.