Monday, October 5, 2009

Accountablity and Responsibility

In General Conference over the weekend Elder Quentin L. Cook talked of the loss of accountability and self-responsibility in the world. I have that this is very true and in this country today there are many people who do not take responsibility for their actions and words. Just look at the government and the problems it has with placing blame on others. No one will say I did it. I caused the problem. No one will take responsibility for what they do.

Many people in this country, on an individual basis, need to take responsibility for their actions. That is just common sense. If you do something wrong you try to make amends. You don't blame it on your neighbor.

In this country and throughout the world things would work out a lot better if individuals took more responsibility for their actions and stopped blaming those who are not responsible. In the end God will hold us all accountable for our actions.

6 comments:

wyo aunt said...

Right! And if he holds us accountable it's pretty silly to try to get away with anything in the world. He knows our heart!

Pi-day Dave said...

It also goes along the same lines in the classroom, and sad to say even in my ward.

Auntie L said...

I am thankful that He knows our hearts and minds because half to three quarters of the time I have no idea what my heart and mind are like.

Dru Babe said...

The world can be so frustrating sometimes. I can't remember who said it, but one of them talked about how we can't rely on peoples morals to keep them out of trouble anymore, and instead we have to count on police work.

Conservative Adolescent said...

Super Fly, I beleive it was Elder Christofferson who talked about that.

ts said...

I agree. One day we will all stand before our Savior to be judged. What are we trying to hide?