Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Good 'ol George

"By the all-powerful dispensations of Providence, I have been protected beyond all human probability and expectation; for I had four bullets through my coat, and two horses shot under me, yet escaped unhurt, altho' death was levelling my companions on every side."
GEORGE WASHINGTON, July 18, 1755

I find it incredible how George Washington was able to fight in two wars and was never wounded in either. He was destined to live and help set the foundation for The United States of America.

3 comments:

Pi-day Dave said...

He had a purpose to fufill. Just like it says in the Bible. Before you were formed in the womb I knew thee... GW was prepared for his part in the restoration like it says in D&C. We just need to get the ones who were prepared for the last days and get them ready to help in the Second Coming.

2 Lazy 2 Grandma said...

George Washington is one of my heroes! I am thankful his life was preserved so he could fulfill his mission as a leader for our country.

wyo aunt said...

Absolutely true! I believe the founding fathers were sent to do the work they did and their lives were preserved until their work was done. Same with the prophets.