Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oops! That Peice of History Might Be Important in Our Day


I was reading in my history textbook just for fun and looking at the chapters when I noticed that we skipped talking about something that shouldn't be skipped. We have just recently finished learning about American Imperialism, the Panama Canal, the Spanish-American War, and Theodore Roosevelt. The only things taught to us about Teddy Roosevelt was his involvement in the Spanish-American War, the building of the Panama Canal, and the tour of America's "Great White Fleet" across the world. If you haven't guessed yet, the chapter we skipped or more importantly the subject we skipped was American Progressivism. My teacher has been a great history teacher other than this recent skip of American history. I don't really know why we skipped Progressivism but, it would seem to me that this subject would be good to learn about, seeing as many politicians, government acts, and problems in this country recently have been to Progressive. I guess I will have to read that chapter on my own.

5 comments:

Big Sis said...

I do not see that "American Imperialism" even existed. That is in itself a myth put out buy the "Progressives". Note. The "Progressives" are NOT progressive. ?They want to take use back to the Imperialism of King George only they want to be King George to the rest of us dirty unwashed stupid masses. What nincompoops they are!

Pi-day Dave said...

Check your state standards. It might not be in your curriculm. So that is why it was skipped. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine.

wyo aunt said...

I didn't know Teddy was a progressive until GB told me, so the neglect of that particular facet of his presidency has been left out for a long time.

Alf's boy said...

There are many things that you will have to learn on your own.

2 Lazy 2 Grandma said...

You are a very observant and appreciative American History student. Keep up your diligent studies of our nation and the world. I am thankful you are sharing your observations and feelings with us. No one will fool you into accepting a policy that will not be honestly good for the people and our nation!