Sunday, April 11, 2010

E-mail in Defense of Glenn Beck

A column on Mormon Times was written about Glenn Beck by a  Mr. Coppins, which speaks of Glenn Beck as a hateful and uncivil Mormon who many young Mormons "seem to be rejecting".  Since I am a young Mormon who opposes that oppinion of Glenn Beck I wrote this e-mail to Mr. Coppins to share my viewpoint and defend Brother Beck.  You can read Mr. Coppin's column here:  http://www.mormontimes.com/mormon_voices/mckay_coppins/?id=14298

 Mr. Coppins,

I am a "young Mormon" who would differ from your opinion of Brother Beck. While you may see Brother Beck as someone who is a hate-monger, conspiracy theorist, radical fringe, or a fear-monger I, at seventeen years old see him differently. I am a teen who loves this country and the Constitution of the United States. From watching and listening to Glenn Beck I don't see his so called "uncivil" and hateful rhetoric at all. What I see is a man who loves the United States and the Constitution. In almost all of his shows he talks about the importance of the Constitution and its founders as well as living by truth in our lives. He speaks of today's politics often with the history of past mistakes and shows the similarities. I would contend that the fact "that younger Mormons seem to be rejecting him is encouraging" is not an encouraging thing at all. If Brother Beck is speaking the truth on how we as a nation should be returning to the principles of our Constitution (which he is), I would say that those "young Mormons" who are rejecting him are also rejecting the Constitution of this great country. Maybe those "young Mormons" have not listened or watched Brother Beck as I have and they get their opposition to him from the extremely liberal media that is in our country today. I would ask that you and other "young Mormons" would truly watch or listen to Brother Beck and then make your assumptions about his so called "uncivil" rhetoric.

Respectfully

2 comments:

Wyo aunt said...

Excellent! I love how active you are in your beliefs! Keep up the good work!

Auntie L said...

I agree with Wyo aunt. The United States of America is going to need all of the help it can get. It needs the people of your generation to stand up for truth. It is Gods country, and if we abandon Him our country will fall. As Brother Beck says almost every day on his show, get on your knees and pray for this country. You are a shining example of the future. I am with you all the way.