Sunday, February 28, 2010

Amendment Ten

Amendment X (1791)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States , are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
As I was reading this the tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States I had this question in my mind: When was the first time in American History that the national government broke this amendment? I don't exactly know, but I do know that it has been broken many times especially in the past 100 years in our country. Anytime the National Government takes more power or enacts more laws that belong to States this Amendment created by our founders is broken.

4 comments:

wyo aunt said...

I don't know when , but I bet I know how. Activist courts. The Supreme Court started reinterpreting the Constitution to fit what they wanted to do instead of what it was written to do.

aunt marbles said...

Sounds like wyo aunt is also talking bout our Bible that has been translated so many times to fit the philsophies of men.

Big Sis said...

That is lawyers and politics for you. If I remember right. The Supreme Court was meant to be a check on the executive and the legislative branches not to set policy, At least that is what I think its purpose is. Maybe I need to brush up on this point.

Alf's boy said...

We need to turn this ship of state around and it's kids like you who are meking themselves aware that will help do it!