Monday, December 7, 2009

Pearl Harbor


Today is the 68th Anniversary of the Attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese Empire. Some were in Idaho during that time there was a young man who's life changed as did many others throughout the United States. Because of this attack, my grandpa fought in the biggest war in world history. This attack effected everything about the United States. War was declared on the Empire of Japan and in turn Germany declared war on the U.S. America had to stretch its military forces on both sides for protection. Millions died in this war where young men were sent to fight for their country. The attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1941 changed the lives of many including that of my grandpa's.

3 comments:

Dru Babe said...

I wish we had done for in school to remember this day. We have assembly'sd all the time for completely useless things, I don't see why we can't have one for Pearl Harbor.

Aunt Marbles said...

Famous infamy day. I am proud of my Dad for fighting our country.

ts said...

I am so grateful for men like your grandpa who went through so much to preserve our freedoms. Let us all do everything we can to preserve our freedoms today.