Sunday, December 6, 2009

Obama's Afghan Decision

Wyoming Aunt and I had a conversation this evening about the way the United States is fighting the war in Afghanistan. Because Wyoming Aunt isn't going to blog about political type things, I will blog about some of the things we talked about.

President Obama finally made a decision on Afghanistan, but it wasn't a good one. Our president choose to make America's presence in Afghanistan similar to that of the Vietnam War. He will send more troops to fight, but in eighteen months they will be slowly pulled out. Neither the Liberals nor the Conservatives of this country should be happy with this decision. Soldiers in Afghanistan now have no real reason to be there. They will sacrifice their lives and die just to be pulled out in less than a year and only to allow Afghanistan to return to its previous chaos. President Obama would have made a better decision by either completely pulling American soldiers out or leaving them their to go and finish what was started. Instead Obama choose to allow soldiers to die for no real purpose. If I were a soldier at this time I would feel very resentful of the way politicians choose to use my patriotism.

3 comments:

Auntie L said...

It basically took Obama six months to make a decision to do in Afghanistan what Bush did in Iraq. A surge then after being successful, getting out. I think that Afghanistan is a different animal however. No one has ever won a war in that country.

Pi-day Dave said...

like VietNam it is a war we can't win. Our hands are tied.

Wyo Aunt said...

Thank You! What a relief! Now I can blog about the cats secure in the knowledge that politics has been covered. I love your interest in politics, it's one more way you remind me of Grandpa Alf. Have a great day!