Friday, August 21, 2009

Counterfiet Accusation

I went to a local store and bought a journal today and after I handed the lady ringing up my purchase a $20. She looked at it and said it looked fake. I told her I didn't make it and I could go home and get a different one; she asked another worker to come and look at it. He said it looked perfectly legal just a little old and wrinkled. The lady at the store insisted I take it to the bank and have them look at it. I did that and the bank teller gave me a weird look when I asked her if it was real. She ran it through a machine and said that it was obviously a real bill, but she traded me with a new one anyway. I went back to the store told the lady it was real and payed for the journal. The only thing wrong with the $20 I had handed her before was that it was old and was not one with the special colors and watermark. That store was owned by my priesthood leader and I don't think he would have thought for a moment that I was trying to pay with a fake bill. It just goes to show that people don't like old wrinkled $20's.

5 comments:

wyo granny said...

Or it also goes to show the clerk is either very young or very forgetful. The "old" bills are only a few years old. Last time I got my car washed the change machine wouldn't take the new bills. You just can't win.

Conservative Adolescent said...

The clerk was probably between 40 to 50 so I think she should have seen an old $20 before. Maybe she was forgetfull.

Pi-day Dave said...

The have pens that will tell you if the bill is counterfiet or not. They are pretty cheap. It sounds very embarrassing, sorry.

Dru Babe said...

That's funny. People can be silly sometimes.

Aunt Marbles said...

How could anyone think you would give out a counterfeit bill? What were they thinking?